A Korean high school student created a post asking for advice after she started getting bullied because of her recent cosmetic surgery.
She chose to get double eyelid surgery done over the break, but when she returned to school, she became a victim of harsh bullying from her classmates.
“I am currently a first-year high school student. During my latest vacation, I decided to get double eyelid surgery. When school started again, my eyes were still swollen from the surgery and female upperclassmen started teasing me with very harsh words. The boys were no better… they started calling me a plastic monster. I told myself that it was fine… that the bullying will stop over time, but it hasn’t. It’s gotten worse. What do I have to do…?” — Student Who Received Eyelid Surgery
She posted a photo of her eye after the surgery. She explained that she wanted to get her eyes re-done but is scared of all the backlash she’ll receive again.
“Here’s a photo of myself when there was a little bit of bruising left and my eyes were still swollen. Right now all the swollen areas are gone. I think my eyes came out a bit unbalanced so I’m thinking of going to the doctor again to fix it but I don’t want to face all the backlash like I do right now…” — Student Who Received Eyelid Surgery
Her post circulated around various community posts and many netizens responded positively to the girl’s new eyes, leaving her messages of support.
- “You must be really f*cking pretty.”
- “They called you a plastic monster for getting double eyelid surgery? I bet you some of the girls who bullied you got double eyelid surgery too. They’re just empty-headed b*tches.”
- “I think you’re really pretty… Is there something wrong with getting plastic surgery? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ In a society where looks are everything… What a load of bullsh*t.”
- “It’s just a photo of your eye, but I think you look really pretty. Just date an upperclassman who is popular and your situation will get better.”
- “The reason those girls are bullying you is that you are way prettier than them and that bothers them. Since the guys will now focus on you now, they’re getting pissed off. I’m not even lying… you’re really pretty.”
- “Honestly.. you’re f*cking pretty.”
- “It’s so pretty. Can you tell me who your surgeon was?”
After reading all of the positive responses, she updated her post to express her gratitude. She also updated about her current situation, revealing that she’s made some new friends. But unfortunately, her bullies found even more excuse to harass her.
“Oh my god guys what are all these replies.. ㅠㅠ I am so shocked at all the positive replies ㅜㅜㅜ Thank you so much. This post was just me getting my frustrations out so I didn’t expect anything but ㅠㅠㅠ Thank you, I am so happy because of everyone. The girls that kept bullying me always go in groups so they’re really scary and strong. I was alone for awhile, but these days I met some nice friends. Now it’s just me and my two male friends. But now I’m getting insulted by everyone for hanging out with two guys… Everyone in our school knows I got double eyelid surgery and now they have more ammunition… Anyways, thank you for the support. I really didn’t expect anything like this… I wrote this post because I was having such a hard time, but thank you ㅜㅜ” — Student Who Received Eyelid Surgery
Even though most Netizen comments were positive, some of the comments criticized her and questioned her motive for creating the post. They accused her of wanting attention and faking the positive comments herself.
- “Do plastic surgery places now blatantly advertise in weird ways like this?”
- “It’s clear that you wrote the comments yourself ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “She’s seriously funnyㅋㅋ She wrote this because she wants to hear ‘You’re getting bullied because you’re so pretty~’… But judging by how even your male classmates hate you, it just means you’re ugly…”
- “How ugly could you be that even the guys hate you?”
- “What did you want from this post? Why did you write it…? Did you want to hear that you’re so pretty?”
Despite the harsh criticism that she also received, she decided to ignore the hate and focus on the positive comments. She concluded her posting her final thanks to all those who supported her.
“What do you mean I uploaded this just to brag about how well my surgery went? ㅋㅋ I mean, how could you even think about accusing me of something like that? The only reason I added a photo is because people asked to see it. I also uploaded a complete photo but people kept bashing me, so I will just take it down and not upload any more photos. Anyways, thanks to everyone who said sweet words to me.” — Student Who Received Eyelid Surgery