Taecyeon is gearing up to return to the small screen after confirming that he is in the final cast line up for “Assembly.”
JYP Entertainment revealed that Taecyeon has received an offer to be a supporting role in KBS‘s new drama “Assembly” on June 11th, and later confirmed in an exclusive with Ilsan Sports that he had accepted the offer.
Taecyeon’s role is the character Kim Kyu Han, a man with a public administration degree and has been trying to become a police officer for the last three years. His character is described as persistent and dedicated since his character studies dutifully in the library by day and works as a substitute driver by night.
The drama’s leads will be played by Jung Jae Young and Song Yoon Ah with the screenplay written by Jung Hyun Min, who wrote 2014’s hit Joseon drama Jeong Do Jeon.
The drama aims to deliver a realistic story, delving into the politics and incidents that unfold within Korea’s National Assembly and is set to broadcast on July 15th.
This will be his first role since “Wonderful Days” early last year where he was praised for his acting skills.
Meanwhile, Taecyeon is currently preparing for a comeback with his group 2PM, and has just released the teaser video for their upcoming track “My House.”
Netizens have commented about the news with mixed response:
1. [+461, -231] The scriptwriter for ‘Jung Dojun’ and the two leads are Jung Jae Young and Song Yoon Ah, looks like Taecyeon’s getting a free ride
2. [+161, -12] He’s just a supporting role, he actually looks fitting for it. Hopefully, his acting is good.
3. [+312, -224] JYP getting a free ride
4. [+72, -3] Read the article.. he’s just a supporting role. The two leads are Jung Jae Young and Song Yoon Ah.
5. [+88, -20] His acting wasn’t bad in ‘Wonderful Days’ ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+70, -5] I think the character actually fits him