BLINK have set up a second round of trucks outside YG Entertainment’s buildings, demanding for fair promotions for BLACKPINK.
BLACKPINK’s DC Gallery have set up a second round of trucks that will be travelling between YG Entertainment, THE BLACK LABEL, and various broadcasting and media outlets. The trucks will run for two days, May 14-15.
In one of the videos provided by the gallery, “Kill This Love” could be heard blasting from the truck speaker in front of the YG Entertainment building.
— DC 블랙핑크 갤러리 (@DCblackpink) May 14, 2020
BLINK have a list of 12 demands that they want from YG Entertainment, ranging from comebacks to use of social media.
- Two comebacks every year.
- At least 6 new songs in a full album release.
- Release the promised solo projects.
- Utilize their YouTube channel with 35 million subscribers.
- Don’t separate into active/resting periods, constantly release contents.
- Appearances on a variety of music shows, variety shows, radio, awards, and end of year award ceremonies.
- Use their official Twitter.
- Use of a variety of platforms (V LIVE, Instagram Live, etc).
- Set a time for album pre-orders.
- Release the digital album the same time as the physical album.
- Release new songs on Friday, 6pm KST.
- Legal action against malicious commenters.
During their first round of truck protests back in December 2019, YG Entertainment acknowledged that their concerns would be addressed. However, it has been 6 months, and BLACKPINK still has not received a set comeback date yet. BLINK have argued that it simply makes no sense for BLACKPINK, who have been active for nearly 5 years now, to not have a single full album.
BLACKPINK were reported to be making their comeback in June, however it has not yet been confirmed by YG Entertainment.