On the June 15th installment of KBS radio show Cool FM, Park Myung Soo questioned why women wear revealing clothing and then try to cover themselves up later.
In South Korea, where many women bare their legs with short skirts and shorts on the streets, it’s not uncommon for women to carry a jacket or blanket to cover their legs and underwear when they sit down.
Park Myung Soo said, “If they didn’t come out wearing revealing clothes in the first place, they wouldn’t need a blanket to cover up. Wouldn’t it be better to just wear a hanbok at that rate? I don’t know why they (wear revealing clothes) and then worry about covering up. I guess that’s why there are a lot of people who change on the subway. They change to something more comfortable.”
While many netizens shared Park Myung Soo’s confusion on the matter, others pointed out that the clothing decently covers a woman’s body when they’re walking, but it’s just in special cases like sitting down, walking up and down stairs, and bending over that causes them to take precautions to cover themselves up.
1. [+521, -39] He’s right ㅋㅋㅋ If you’re not comfortable with people staring at you, wear clothes that make you comfortable. Women are funny ㅋㅋ
2. [+369, -40] Yeah, I’m honestly curious to death as to why women deliberately wear short skirts and cleavage-baring shirts and then stress over their underwear showing.. it’s also stressful to the people who look because they don’t mean to look and it’s just an uncomfortable situation all around. I wish women would be more honest with themselves instead of complaining about how they’re viewed for dressing that way.
3. [+281, -22] Nice!!!
4. [+31, -2] I wonder why women go around wearing tight shirts or cleavage baring shirts. They think if you look, you’re looking because you think they’re pretty but I’m only looking because I’m wondering where her pants are.
5. [+18, -2] That’s what I’m saying… I saw a woman walking around with short shorts and she kept pulling her shirt down to cover up and I just couldn’t understand why she bothered wearing it in the first place.
6. [+17, -1] Other than overly excessive clothes, clothing items like mini skirts look cute when you’re wearing them but ride up when you’re sitting so women try to pull it down to cover up more. And for cleavage baring shirts, women cover up the cleavage when they bend down to cover the area. Shouldn’t these instances be okay?
7. [+17, -1] It’s so awkward when you’re walking up the stairs… it’s not like I can stare at the floor, I have to look ahead or above and if there’s a woman wearing a short skirt in front, it’s so uncomfortable…
8. [+11, -37] Your underwear doesn’t show when you’re standing in a mini skirt but it can show when you’re sitting down which is why women ask for blankets to cover up when they’re sitting. Women don’t wear revealing clothes to deliberately show their underwear or anything.